Leading Change is a practical guide to implementing change in a corporate business environment. It is essentially a change process consisting of 8 main stages:
- Establish a sense of urgency and overcome complacency.
- Create a strong guiding coalition.
- Develop an inspiring vision and strategy for achieving it to help employees take actions in the right directions.
- Communicate the vision in a simple and clear message.
- Empower employees to experiment with how to make the vision a reality.
- Generate and celebrate short wins.
- Consolidate gains and produce more change.
- Anchor new approaches in the culture.
Today's changing market conditions put pressure on businesses to adjust their operations quickly to the new business environment. Companies unable to implement change quickly fall behind their competition.
I recommend this book to business and technical leaders at all levels of the organization. Whether you are considering a small change on your project, a technology improvement, or a system-wide business transformation initiative, you can apply principles described in this book in your situation. Happy reading!